Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Trump: I Didn’t Inherit The Republican Party, ‘I Won It’

Donald Trump says that instead of inheriting the Republican Party, he “won it with millions of voters,” a direct shot at Speaker of the House Paul Ryan.

On Friday, Trump tweeted, “Paul Ryan said that I inherited something very special, the Republican Party. Wrong, I didn’t inherit it, I won it with millions of voters!”

On Thursday, Ryan said that he was “just not ready” to support Trump, adding, “I do not want to under-play what [Trump] accomplished. He needs to be congratulated for an enormous accomplishment for winning now a plurality of delegates, and he’s on his way to winning a majority of delegates, but he also inherited something very special, that’s very special to a lot of us.”

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sure did, riding that Trump train right to the presidency!