Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Online petition for Target boycott Now Has More Than 700,000 signatures

Target is facing an increasing backlash over its policy allowing customers and employees to use whichever bathroom they choose, regardless of the gender listed on their birth certificates.

A pledge to boycott its stores, launched Wednesday by the American Family Association, received more than 700,000 signatures in almost a week.

“This means a man can simply say he ‘feels like a woman today’ and enter the women’s restroom… even if young girls or women are already in there,” a supporting statement on the website says. “Target’s policy is exactly how sexual predators get access to their victims.”

More

10 comments:

Queensgirl52 said...

I had a colostomy about four months ago and I'm still getting adjusted. Every time I leave the house, I'm in a state of anxiety over the possibility that I'll have an embarrassing episode in a public restroom. With that weighing on my mind, I don't give a rat's a** about a fake transgender man who MIGHT come into the restroom. Let's get some perspective, people! Transgender women (like Caitlyn Jenner, for example) have as much right to use the women's restroom as I have. I'll be in the vicinity of Target tomorrow, and I plan to buy something there to show my support.

Anonymous said...

Thank democrats for the bill.

Anonymous said...

Queensgirl--
I think you're missing the point. It's guys that aren't trans, but saying they are to gain access to women & children that has everyone in an uproar. Obviously you've neveer been raped, or you would be looking closer at the possibilities. Child sex offenders don't change, cannot by their own admission, help themselves. They'll be helping themselves to any child they can if this insanity continues.

Anonymous said...

3:09 Rape is still a crime no matter what, this isn't protecting anyone.

Anonymous said...

Most child sex offenders are related to the victim or known by the victim. Extremely rare that it is a stranger.

Anonymous said...

Give it up 3:09, Stupid ignorant leftys never learn. Boycott target.

Anonymous said...

# NeverTarget

Anonymous said...

Queensgirl ever since the SU student was murdered in the ladies room by a man laying in wait of the old Sby Mall whenever I go in any ladies room I look at any shoes. That murder was many many years ago but violence against women in women only areas is very very real. The Target policy is you don't have to be a transgender you only have to say you identify with a sex. Huge difference. I'm seeing over and over on their FB people asking if the person has to be even dressed like a female. They refuse to answer.

Anonymous said...

Target Boycott Over Transgender Restrooms Reaches 800K Signatures

WOO-WOO said...

Near 900k now....