Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, February 14, 2016

New York Post Has Incredible Article With Local Connections

Publishers Notes: I have selected a portion of this article that references a local Worcester County connection. I encourage you to click on the more button below to read about the entire story. This is very unfortunate. 

Troops betrayed as Army dumps hundreds of heroic war dogs

Last year, Wopat was contacted by a man named John Moreno, who said he founded an organization called Operation Releash in May 2015 to reunite veterans with their dogs.

“He told me US Capitol Police had him. He told me they were going to fly us up on Veterans Day, and to wear a suit and tie,” Wopat recalls. Moreno said they were going to retire Heijn and re-home him with Wopat.

“On Oct. 19th, the day he told me to call him on his new cellphone, he ceases contact with me,” Wopat says.

Moreno is ex-K2. He most recently worked as executive director of the Worcester County Humane Society in Maryland, a position he left after six weeks. “He was not caring for the dogs,” a former colleague tells The Post.

Moreno confirms Wopat’s version of events. Asked why he disappeared, Moreno told The Post: “A lot of stuff was going on at the time. I wanted to be left alone.”

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This should be the target of a congressional inquiry. There's something very, very wrong here.

Anonymous said...

This is another disgrace; and the public needs to be advised as to how WE can help tun this aound. Inquries are one step; but they take time and this just continues. What can we do now ? The first step in getting it out to the public has taken place, of course we don't know how many people will read the whole article, but I'm sure a lot of people would help

Anonymous said...

I can't read the whole article, it keeps freezing my computer and sending shockwave messages.
Is it just me?

Anonymous said...

6:28
It worked fine for me on Chrome and mozilla. Maybe you need to update your shockwave?

Anonymous said...

Govt. is such a mess !