Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Grassley: 'I Don't Care If I Ever Go Down In History'

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley doesn't care about how history will judge him for refusing to consider President Obama's next Supreme Court justice nominee.

"Do you think I spend my days wondering about how Chuck Grassley will go down in history?" the Iowa Republican told reporters Wednesday.

"I don't care if I ever go down in history," Grassley added, "I'm here to do my job."

Grassley also pushed back against criticism from Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, R-Nev., that he is an "obstructionist."

"I've been a leader on the Judiciary Committee for the last five years, first as ranking member and now as chairman," he said. "I think Congress has passed more than 320 judges and only disproved two. So, if I wanted to obstruct, I could obstruct. But I think this proves we haven't been doing that."

On the Senate floor Tuesday, Reid said Grassley will go down as the "most obstructionist" chairman in history.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reid should understand that nobody really cares what he thinks. Americans are sick of him too.

Anonymous said...

When Reid speaks people listen to...'blah dablah blah ! '

Anonymous said...

Should have disapproved a heck of a lot more than two, that means Obama got just about 100% of his nominations approved and that in it's self is a disgrace.

Anonymous said...

Senators on the last year of their term should not be allowed to vote on anything. After all they may not be there after the next election. Right?