Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 08, 2015

This Gun-Toting Santa Billboard in North Carolina Is Stirring Up Some Controversy


People have been shooting looks at one of the newest billboards in Charlotte, North Carolina. The sign, an ad for Blackstone Shooting Sports, portrays old St. Nick brandishing an assault-style rifle next to the words, “Santa knows what you really want.”

The billboard, positioned on a busy highway in Charlotte, has drawn mixed reactions from local residents.

“I have to say, in general, to each their own. It doesn’t appeal to me but what are you going to do about it?” one woman told WCNC-TV when asked about her opinion of the billboard.

Another man said it is “promoting something we don’t want to promote.”

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm offended when a Christmas tree is called a holiday tree!

Anonymous said...

I really do want one!

Anonymous said...

When do we get a Jesus billboard with him holding gun?

Anonymous said...

I'm spraying WD-40 on the inside of my chimney this year.If Santa brings my assault rifle I don't want him getting stuck on the way down.

Anonymous said...

Santa is correct, I want an AR 15 for Christmas.