Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Papa John’s Franchisee Gets Jail Sentence For Not Paying Minimum Wage

Earlier this year, the owner of nine Papa John’s franchises in New York City was brought up on charges wage theft for failing to pay his employees the legal minimum wage. As part of a plea deal, the franchisee will pay hundreds of thousands of dollars back to those workers and serve some time behind bars. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The local papa johns did the same thing for years. Now they screw the drivers paying them min wage while they are in store, and just four dollars while driving, knowing most people in Salisbury dont tip. Profits first, second and third and coming in last is the employees. I don't know what's worse, the fact companies here pay crap like they do or the crap people who order delivery and don't tip. It's why companies like that exist in this crap town. I hope Salisbury just goes bankrupt and everyone just leaves it to the ghetto trash that ruined it. Then put up a fence around the city and the trash and fill it over.

Anonymous said...

6:38 I hear ya, but let me tell you why I do not even order delivery. Some idiot in corporate decided to add some bogus delivery "surcharge" to my bill and then I have to tip you on top of it.

This adds a substantial amount of "tip" to my bill. If the money went to you directly I would be fine with it, but it doesn't.
So I pick up my own food.

Greed at its finest.

Anonymous said...

Exactly. And we dont get all of that charge. It's meant to help with all the people that don't tip. Sorry people that do have to pay extra, but it's the democrat ghetto way. Gotta pay for the leeches.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the creep running the Golden corral.