Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, October 09, 2015

Obviously USPS Employees Can't/Won't Follow Instructions

93 percent of roughly 3,000 employees at the Postal Service did not comply with the agency’s phishing email policies. The USPS inspector general sent fake phishing emails to test the agency’s information security awareness training; 25 percent of employees the IG tested clicked on the fake email, and 90 percent of them didn’t tell the agency they had clicked on the email. The IG said the Postal Service should require all employees with network access, take annual information security awareness training. USPS suffered a major cyber attack from a phishing scam back in November 2014.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not so good at delivering mail either.

Anonymous said...

Recently I bought a new house and when I did my change of address online it told be I had to now update my voter registration and lead me to another site "Mymove.com".

Once I filled out the information it still said I had to send in a paper form and then proceeded to sell my email to every retailer on the planet.

I have since been bombarded with spam. I unsubscribe and then more companies pop up. They all reference being referred by mymove.com.

I am pissed because this address has not had any spam ever and now its like playing whack a mole to keep this junk out of my inbox.

Total BS move the post office. If I knew I had to send a paper ballot anyway I would not have bothered to sign up for the site.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaand the stamp prices keep rising and you have to wait in line almost forever if you go to the post-office for service!

Anonymous said...

More public sector ineptitude. Give them raises! Pay them, and their families for ALL generations!