Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Brazen squatter moves into Puyallup home, sells contents

PUYALLUP, Wash. - A Pierce County family says a squatter not only moved into their house but he started selling off their belongings to innocent buyers on the internet. And the brazen crook is still on the run.

Homeowner Ed Saurs arrived at his residence on Puyallup's South Hill on Sept. 1 to a very troubling situation.

"How could this be happening to me, this is my house," said Saurs. "Somebody is in my house that's not supposed to be, and I was furious."

Last Tuesday, Saurs walked through his front door the same way he has for 25 years. But what he discovered on the inside is hard to believe.

"The man said to me, 'I'm here for the microwave.' And I said, 'Well, no, you're not. This is my house and I'm not selling anything,'" said Saurs. "So I walked around the corner, and I saw that my appliances were gone, and the cabinets were open. I immediately knew what happened."

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The thief was recorded on the neighbor's security camera...yet they never even thought anything was amiss, to question it or call the police. Unbelievable.

Wonder if there's a description of the thief, or photos of him published? That's one to be on the lookout for...before he does it again, to someone else.