Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

FIVE WAYS TO CELEBRATE FATHER’S DAY ON DELMARVA WITH YOUR DESERVING DAD

Father’s Day is this Sunday, and we hate to admit it, but we’ve seriously dropped the ball this year on planning a fun day for the dads of ShoreBread. When you drop the ball on Mother’s Day, the answer is easy: flowers. A last minute gift for dad is a little more difficult, so we decided to make a list of our options (and share them with you all of course). Gifts are fine and dandy, but we like to plan an awesome activity each year for Father’s Day. The following are our Top Five Ways to Spend Father’s Day on Delmarva, with five wide-ranging options for all those deserving dads out there.

Super Fun Eco Tour at Assateague Outfitters


You might remember our article not too long ago on the recent addition of Assateague Outfitters along the bayside at Assateague Island National Seashore. Well, after visiting the new supply store, we were inspired to organize a company outing for one of their kayak tours. The afternoon was a huge success, which got us thinking what a great option it would be for Father’s Day fun. The tour is more than just kayaking (although that in itself would have been awesome). In addition to a kayak adventure around the bayside of Assateague, the extremely knowledgable guides divulge an abundance of cool facts about the wildlife and natural habitat at Assateague. The icing on the proverbial cake is the fact that half of the proceeds from Assateague Outfitters goes directly to Maryland Coastal Bays!

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I was growing up and into my young adulthood, my father used to answer the Father's Day question with...."Just come over and have dinner with us Sunday". I could never understand why he didn't want to go somewhere or do something or want a special gift. As I now am a father and a grandfather, I've finally figured out what my dad meant.... just come over, spend some time with me, and let's visit. My father's birthday is this week but he's been dead for nearly 7 years. I wish I could spend one more Father's Day with him and that's all I want from my kids and grandkids.....just to spend a little time with them. That's a good..., no, that's a GREAT Father's Day gift.