Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, April 13, 2015

U.S. Workers Allegedly Fired, Told to 'Train Your Foreign Replacement'

Allegations have surfaced that a popular visa program is actually being misused by U.S. companies to fire thousands of U.S. workers and replace them with foreign labor.

Tucker Carlson pointed out on "Fox and Friends Weekend" that the H1-B program would seem to violate U.S. immigration law, which requires that the hiring of a foreign worker will not adversely affect the wages and conditions of U.S. workers comparably employed.

Professor of Public Policy at Howard University Ron Hira said that the tech industry in particular has tried to paint the visa program as a good deal, when in reality it's just undercutting Americans.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The H1B program should have all of the 'users' followed to review each hiring and firing to prevent this practice.

I have been hammered a couple times in my career - both times an H1B holder was hired instead of sending me for a little training and giving me that additional duty...which could have led to promotion/raises.
Yes, it's business - but if you continue to screw your labor force - it soon won't be there....and neither will your business!

Anonymous said...

I don't believe they really need to import workers. Despite my BS in Computer Science I have never been able to get a job in the computer field. That would be 24 years now.

bloggerhater1 said...

thats kinda happening here at my work...