Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Most Recent Drone Information

Americans really might get package delivery from drones. But they won't come from very far away. The Federal Aviation Administration gave Amazon permission to fly drones, but only during the day, no higher than 400 feet and within sight of an operator who holds a regular pilot's license. Bloomberg reports, the FAA also granted Amazon an experimental airworthiness certificate for its drone design. That's a wider permission than it's given to 44 other companies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I've got 500' above my property that is considered my 'airspace'. They'd better drop their delivery from above that height or it's a UFO to me, and I'm protecting myself with buckshot.

Anonymous said...

If they follow those rules there is no reason to use a drone.That officially makes them more trouble than they are worth.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Skeet shooting with prizes!!

Anonymous said...

PULL

Anonymous said...

Yeah the whole "drone" issue is a joke. The Government wants a piece of the pie.
They complain these small drones that weigh maybe 2 pounds are a safety concern and potential terror threat, yet they themselves will fly jetliners, helicopters and airplanes over our heads all day long.