Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Mike Ditka: I Wouldn't Let My Son Play Football

Football great Mike Ditka says that, if he had an 8-year-old son right now, he wouldn't let him play football. He made the remarks in an episode of HBO's Real Sports, which will air tonight.

The Chicago Tribune has the exchange:

Ditka: “If you had an 8-year-old kid now, would you tell him you want him to play football?”

Gumbel: “I wouldn't. Would you?”

Ditka: “Nope. That's sad. I wouldn't. And my whole life was football. I think the risk is worse than the reward. I really do.”

The HBO piece will focus on drug use by the 1985 Chicago bears.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditka, like most men, has grown soft in his old age.

Anonymous said...

Is this possibly why he hasn't been on the game day panels like he used to? I used to see him almost every Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Guess not, diktas son would be about 50 now.

Anonymous said...

Most professional ball players are over paid scum balls that can barely read and write I wouldn't want my son associating with trash either.