Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

'Give Me a Chance': WWII Vet's Medal Ceremony Crashed by Protesters

Protesters in Portland, Oregon, interrupted a town hall meeting where a decorated World War II veteran was receiving a special honor.

100-year-old U.S. Navy vet Dario Raschio was supposed to be presented with medals by Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR), but soon after the meeting began, more than 100 protesters emerged, shouting "hands-up, don't shoot!" and "I can't breathe!"

The protesters did not stop until Rashcio spoke up and said, "Give me a chance. At least let us show a little respect for this occasion."

Raschio accepted his honor from Wyden and made a brief speech, but as soon as he was done, the protesters resumed their shouting.

Raschio left the meeting early.

More

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a shame. You would have never seen any of these punk-asses in a fox hole protecting their country.Instead they feel the need to upset a real hero's day for recognition. Ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Wonder if the slackers understand why they have freedom of speech? Well, for them to take constantly the rest of us have to give constantly. Worthless.

Anonymous said...

Sad.

Anonymous said...

Being a protester pays really good these days.

Anonymous said...

Sad indeed, especially that many people continue to excuse these animals and the animal behavior. People might actually think maybe black lives do matter if blacks acted more human and stopped killing each other, robbing, rapping, and disrupting. This is the most disgusting thing I have seen them do, and to someone 100 years old, no respect for anything, anyone, or societies norm.

Anonymous said...

Send their rear ends overseas fighting isis. Maybe then they will appreciate our men and women who serves this country. Keep it up you select few and one day the rest of us will get rid of thugs like you

Anonymous said...

I thought you "heroes" fought for the constitution. Protesting, speech, etc. Now I read the parade of ignorance such as "one of these days well rid the world of thugs like you". I guess the thugs he means that use the rights supposedly fought for.

Also I assure you standing on a hill in Korea or Vietnam had nothing to do with me telling you how I feel. I fight for my own freedom of speech. If you feel you give me the right I feel I give you the right to continue breathing.

Anonymous said...

These hoodlums are such spineless losers that they have to take on a 100 year old hero who is now helpless to defend himself.
Maybe next time they can go into an MMA tournament and interrupt the winner receiving a trophy...