Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 05, 2015

Driving on New Year's Eve

With Wednesday night approaching I would like to share a personal experience with you all about drinking and driving after a "social event" with friends.

Last Sunday, I was out on a pre-Christmas get together with friends. I had a few cocktails, followed by several glasses of wine. Despite my jolliness, I still had the sense to know that I was over the limit. That's when I decided to do what I have never done before: I took a taxi home. 

Sure enough, there was a police road block on the road home but, since it was a taxi, they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident. 

This was both a great relief and a surprise because I had never driven a taxi before. I don't even know where I got it from and, now that it is in my garage, I don't know what to do with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol

Anonymous said...

Small world.I had a similar experience on New Years Eve except I took a police car home & parked it in my garage.I woke up at around 5 AM when it was still dark,checked the streets both ways and drove it to the post office parking lot.I wiped any possible finger prints off of the steering wheel and shifter,left the keys in the ignition and then walked home.2 hours later I drove MY car past the post office and it was gone.