Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 09, 2015

Did You Visit One of These 6 Major Websites Last Week? If So, You Might Have a Virus

The Huffington Post, along with several other major websites, displayed advertisements laced with malware in late December through early January, according to an Internet security company.

According to cyber-security firm Cyphort, their labs detected an infection on Huffington Post Canada on Dec. 31 that was confirmed on the main U.S. edition of the news website on Jan. 3.

The ad, from an AOL ad-network, was displayed and ultimately directed users to an “exploit kit” that deployed a trojan virus.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't pick up anything from Huffington Post, which I do usually read through AOL, but I did hit a trojan on CNN last week. It was a news story about the "I can't breathe protests" and just as soon as I clicked on it my anti-virus and anti-malware blocked the content stating that there was a trojan. I haven't been back to CNN since.

Anonymous said...

Never heard of any of them.