Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 25, 2014

Boy, 4, banned from local doughnut shop by owner after mistakenly asking a customer if she has a baby in her belly

A Connecticut mother was left red-faced with embarrassment and then burning with rage after her four-year-old son was banned from a doughnut shop for asking if a lady was pregnant on Tuesday.

Rebecca Denham said when her son mistakenly asked a customer in Monroe’s Doughnut Inn on Monday if she was carrying a child – she was understandably mortified. However, the next day when they tried to walk back in, they ‘were screamed at in front of the door,’ said Denham. They said her son, Justin Otero, was not ‘allowed in here’ because he ‘is rude.’

Recalling her inquisitive son’s error on Monday, Denham said that when the woman said ‘no’ to being pregnant, her son said sorry but she was suitably shocked. ‘My response was ‘Oh my goodness, I’m so embarrassed, I’m so sorry’, Denham said to WFSB. The lady in question even said it was okay, but the managers at the Doughnut Inn apparently did not see it the same way when they tried to walk in on Tuesday.

‘She said, ‘he’s not allowed in here,’ and I looked around, and said, ‘him?’ and she said ‘yeah, he’s rude’,’ Denham said to WFSB.

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Children are for the most part innocent and only say what is on their mind. The question was asked in innocence and curiosity. Wish adults could be more open see things as a child. I made the same mistake once at work. I asked a fellow co worker if they expecting, and she had gained weight.

Anonymous said...

My little kid story happened over 40 years ago when I was in my 20's, already bald on top but longer curly hair on back (probably a beard to? It was the 70's). He said out loud, "Look mommy, that man's hair all gone, fall down". We all laughed. Truth was never clearer. Little kids give clarity, where adults mince words.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the other customer should get out of doughnut shops, and people wouldn't mistake her as pregnant.

Anonymous said...


I guess the owner didn't want the
obvious to be spoken aloud. If you
eat donuts (in excess) you just might get fat. Bad for business.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm......Donuts!

Anonymous said...

LOL @ 10:50. I'm not the grammar police,but it gave me a good laugh. Your story reads that you are a female, in your 20's, bald but with curly hair on top. I know that isn't what you mean. Quote "My little kid story happened over 40 years ago when I was in my 20's, already bald on top but longer curly hair on back (probably a beard to? It was the 70's). He said out loud, "Look mommy, that man's hair all gone, fall down". We all laughed. Truth was never clearer. Little kids give clarity, where adults mince words."