Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Why Facebook Posts Are Disappearing (And What Can Be Done About It)

Q: I've noticed that the activity level of my business Facebook page has dropped off considerably, but I haven't been doing anything different? Did something change on Facebook?

A: Many small business owners who have spent years building an audience through Facebook are asking this same question, and the answer is "yes."

Most businesses have used Facebook to engage with their customers through content that costs nothing to post, because the engagement level was worthwhile.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Facebook another social screwup . We have to get with the program and start a relationship with people face to face , not facebook. Like my mom used to say , "suffer in silence".
No more text , no more facebook , no more e-mails , just talk to each other , that is , if you have something to say , not gossip.

Anonymous said...


I use it primarily as a way for family members to keep in touch.

Some post some stuff that makes sense to them but not to me. I go through and 'hide' posts I think are of little consequence. Or used to.

Starting this week FB won't permit hiding something you don't want to see. They want to force you to send a message to the friend that posted the item that disinterests you.

How stupid! I'm not trying to chastise these friends or get into an exchange over a post. I just want to hide or suppress it. Maybe their next post is better, or not.

Net effect is I'll probably use it less than the minimal amount I do now. And I'll be motivated to find a replacement that doesn't want to be a controlling nanny.

Anonymous said...

, just talk to each other , that is , if you have something to say , not gossip.

June 21, 2014 at 3:38 PM

most are not worth talking to