Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, June 30, 2014

My Only True Love

I see her almost every day but I’m sure she never notices me. In fact
I am sure she doesn’t know that I even exist, but I love her just the
same.

I fell in love with her when I was very young and when I was yet just
a teenager I swore an oath that there would be no one but her. I even
swore I would die for her! She has many others that love her as much as I do but I can’t be jealous because I know how she can steal one’s heart away.

When I’m out and about driving in my car or walking here or there
I’ll see her at a restaurant, or a government building, or at a car lot.
From time to time she seems to be showing her age, looking a little
worn and threadbare (I have to remember we’re both not as young as
we used to be), but then I’ll see her somewhere else and she’ll look
just as beautiful as the first time I ever saw her.

She is always out day and night, and in all kinds of weather and if
By the time you see this, it will be July, with the 4th of July around the corner this is appropriate and a great tribute… she’d listen to me I’d tell her she needs to be more careful.

The days I’m most worried about her are those extremely hot and
humid days we have in the summer here in Florida. Just so hot you
could fry an egg on the hood of a car, and not a hint of wind to at
least move the muggy air around. It’s at those times she’ll look a
little limp and tired.

But then a little breeze will come up and she’ll stir and start to smile,
and then she’ll start to dance....
....and how she can dance!!!

I thought I’d share a picture of her:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank Joe.
USN-RET

Anonymous said...

I kept trying to guess what it was while I read this.I wasn't even close.Great post!

jal said...

AMEN

dogg said...

Lots of people gave their life so that others have the right to desecrate it. Long may Old Glory wave.