Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, May 16, 2014

Video Shows Cop Standing Toe-to-Toe with Handcuffed Middle Schooler Outside School Bus — What Happens Next Is More Than a Little Alarming

As a video makes the rounds showing a Boynton Beach, Florida cop apparently kicking the back of a middle schooler’s legs and sending the handcuffed 13-year-old to the ground, the department has placed an unnamed officer on administrative duty and launched an internal affairs review.

“They said don’t speak when I was spoken to and the man spoke to me and said ‘be quiet I was talking’ and he slammed me, as simple as that,” Kevens Jeanbaptist, a student at Congress Middle School, told WPTV-TV in West Palm Beach, Florida.

Jeanbaptist said last week’s incident started after his school bus driver told him not to open the window, according to WPLG-TV in Miami.

“The girl sprayed perfume and I got asthma,” he told WPLG. “I was coughing and I tried to turn on the AC. He said no, so I rolled down my window.”
More

No comments: