Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, May 08, 2014

On Prom Night, Va. Students Wear Protective Masks To Support Friend With Cancer

A Virginia high school student wanted to go to his girlfriend's prom, but his doctor told him he had to wear a mask to protect himself from getting sick. What his girlfriend and their group of friends did to make him feel comfortable at the prom will no doubt warm your heart.

The 18-year-old you are about to meet received a cancer diagnosis last September. Chemotherapy wasn't far behind.

As if that wasn't tough enough for anyone, especially a teen, his doctor said if he was going to go to the prom, he had to wear a protective mask.

“They had said that I was diagnosed with testicular cancer,” said Jared Hill. “It didn't hit me at first until I got home. And then later that night, I tried to sit down and do some English homework and I just couldn't. I started bawling.”

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine went through this at about the same age.

My heart goes out to this boy, with a hat tip to his loving friends.

Anonymous said...

God love these kids. How loving!!