Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, May 12, 2014

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER BAD BUSINESS RANKING FOR MARYLAND

As sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, Maryland fared poorly on another state business ranking.

Chief Executive Magazine ranked Maryland 41st in the nation on its 2014 Best & Worst States for Business.

Maryland earned two stars out of five for taxes and regulations, three stars for workforce quality, and three starts for living environment.

The report’s Development Trend Indicator rated Maryland negative citing the recent minimum wage increase and push for paid family leave.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way this is true... Marty OweMalley said we are doing great! This report can not be true....

Anonymous said...

Joe, let me tell you about doing business with MD. My husband is going into business with a friend. I handle administrative duties and such. Therefore I was tasked with getting the business paperwork started. 1st, the website is confusing. 2nd, the fees and time frames were crazy. I had to pay $120 to incorporate. Mind you it would take 8 weeks to process. If you want to expedite, drive to Baltimore or pay an additional $50. Would you like a certified copy your articles of incorporation....another $20. In the end I paid a couple hundred bucks after the different fees and going through 2-3 websites to get it all done. Not to mention I will be notified of any additional fees associated with setting up the business in Worcester County. In my mind I kept thinking we should just incorporate in DE and file a foreign entity notice with MD. It doesn't have to be so complicated.

Anonymous said...

In Delaware 75.00 and your in business!