Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Obama Backer Finds First 96 DOCTORS She Contacts Won’t Accept Her New Obamacare Insurance

What good is “insurance” if it means you can’t find a doctor to treat you?

I’m sorry, we are no longer accepting that kind of insurance. I apologize for the confusion; Dr. [insert name] is only willing to see existing patients at this time.”

As a proud new beneficiary of the Affordable Health Care Act, I’d like to report that I am doctorless. Ninety-six. Ninety-six is the number of soul crushing rejections that greeted me as I attempted to find one. It’s the number of physicians whose secretaries feigned empathy while rehearsing the “I’m so sorry” line before curtly hanging up. You see, when the rush of the formerly uninsured came knocking, doctors in my New Jersey town began closing their doors and promptly telling insurance companies that they had no room for new patients.

My shiny, never used Horizon health card is as effective as a dollar bill during the Great Depression. In fact, an expert tells CNN, “I think of (Obamacare) as giving everyone an ATM card in a town where there are no ATM machines.”

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And she's still an "Obama Backer"? I guess you really can't fix stupid. Maybe these receptionists see the stupidity walking in the door and react accordingly?