Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, April 04, 2014

Issa Sets Contempt Vote on Former IRS Official

The chairman of the House Oversight Committee has scheduled a contempt vote for next week on a former Internal Revenue Service official at the heart of the agency's tea party controversy.

Lois Lerner directed the IRS division that processes applications for tax-exempt status.

Last May, after providing an opening statement, she refused to answer questions at a committee hearing about IRS agents improperly singling out tea party applications for extra scrutiny. She again refused to answer questions at hearing last month.
Read More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The IRS has taken control of the Veterans Administration .
I called yesterday to get my ID with picture replaced. I was told to fill out numerous papers for the IRS before they can approve any healthcare . I receive a small monthly check for an injury from 1966-1968 in the army infantry . WTF is going on with this country.
They also told me the camera in Cambridge for picture ID has been broken for months.
If you have served and fought for your country you are treated like a step child by the government.

Anonymous said...

Lock her up for 30 days and she would be glad to sing!!

Anonymous said...

11:26
How 'bout lock her up until she sings?

Anonymous said...

They've taken over the states MVA's and DMV's as well 10:11. I had heck of a time renewing my driver's license a few months ago because my name on my SS card (maiden name) didn't match my driver's license and there was a "hold" on it. My name hasn't matched for nearly 30 years and it's never been a problem before. Taxes are filed in my married name. It was explained to me by both the MVA and the SS admin that it's due to the "affordable care act."
Snopes and other sites are saying it isn't true that states will suspend drivers licenses if failing to purchase obamacare penalty isn't paid but you know it is. The government had to have some back up if people don't file taxes to get the fines so they've intertwined the IRS with state drivers licensing agencies.

Anonymous said...

11:36 - how 'bout just lock her up!

Anonymous said...

"If you have served and fought for your country you are treated like a step child by the government."

Have you tried telling them that you are gay or a TV? THAT should work in MD.

Anonymous said...

12:34
Agreed!