Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, March 01, 2014

Verizon Charges You For Not Making Long Distance Calls

Below is information directly from Verizon, yet they don't tell you the charge is close to $50.00 a month. A local resident informed me that they had found this charge on their bill recently and had no idea Verizon could do so. They recommended that our viewers check their more recent bills to see if you too have been charged the same.

Some calling plans may include a monthly minimum charge.

Charges that contribute toward meeting the minimum include, but are not limited to: domestic 1+ and international long distance calls, Operator Assistance calls, and Domestic and International Monthly Recurring Charges. Federal taxes, state taxes, credits, Universal Service Fees, charges billed by other carriers, and other surcharges and taxes do not contribute towards satisfying the Minimum Monthly Charge requirement. Each billing month when the applicable charges are equal to or greater than the MMC, no shortfall charge is imposed. If the applicable charges are less than the MMC rate, the difference between the MMC rate and the applicable charges will be a separate charge shown on the bill as the Shortfall Charge. Source

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dropped long distance on my land line years ago when calls that I did not make showed up on my bill and they would not remove them
They wanted to sell me more to protect myself, I told them to stick it and took the long distance off.
Problem solved.