Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Toddler’s Adorable, Lawyer-Like Argument Championing Cupcakes for Dinner

)It’s one of the oldest tricks in a child’s book: if Mom says no, ask Grandma instead.

But mother Linda Beltran was too cunning to let that happen when her son Mateo tried to sneak cupcakes after refusing to eat dinner. Mateo had a few thoughts to share himself — and mom caught the hilarious exchange from the 3-year-old, who seems to be a lawyer in the making, on camera.

“Gramma told me he didn’t want to eat his dinner. I let [him] know that we would not be having a fun night unless he ate his dinner. He found some hidden cupcakes and was on a mission to have them,” Beltrantold UberSpotlight earlier this month. “After a back-and-forth of ‘Mommy pleassseee can I have them?’ and me telling him not until he had dinner, he decided to wait until I wasn’t paying attention to use those cute eyes of his on Gramma, which was not-so-secretly hilarious.”

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable - MY butt. Juvenile delinquent in the making, with NO respect for authority and the philosophy of "I want it so I am entitled to it." And he will be free to reproduce and vote....

Anonymous said...

His mom may think it is cute now but wait a few years. Anyone else notice he was calling his mother by her first name? The answer is NO and there is NO debate.

Anonymous said...

Oh thank goodness the perfect parents chimed in...I was concerned for the future of the republic. Whew, that was close!

Anonymous said...

Looks like "Linda" is in for a ride she won't like! There's still time for a sound spanking and the demand for respect, but if "Linda" doesn't know how, she'd better learn quick!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree, NO Respect!!
A. My child would never call me by my first name

B. No, is no!!

C. That argument would not have lasted that long in my house!!

D. He's 3 - Let him argue and ignore it and tell him conversation is over - He'll get over it, Move on!!