Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Dealing With Difficulties During The Holidays

It’s the holidays! Time for snow, presents, joy, and the best part of all: helping each other out and appreciating each other. But unfortunately, that’s not always the case. The added stress of the holidays can bring out the worst in people, instead of the best. Whether it is someone at the mall, the mall parking lot, someone at work, or the in-laws, tough situations often arise around the holidays.

It can be extremely frustrating to have to deal with one more thing when your plate is overloaded with shopping, holiday preparations, and an end-of-year crunch time work load. I know that I, for one, can easily become overwhelmed during this time of year. I especially stress myself out by trying to get the PERFECT presents for everyone, but starting on this task a wee bit too close to the deadline. Sometimes, with everything that’s going on this time of year it is hard to have the patience for difficult situations.
More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

12-14-13
If you have 'hokidays' stress its self inflicted. I dealt with it from the time I knew what Christmas was till the present day. I realized the Holiday cheer was a not a time for reflection on the attributes of life but a blitz by the Christmas Nuts to out gift & decorate and remind relatives of all the skeletons in the family closet once again re-lived. I WAS NOT HAPPY during the holidays SO I resigned from Christmas and ALL of the TRAUMA associated with it. I have a HAPPY & WONDEROUS time solo and after I over the holidays I return to work rested and with a clear mind. I finally woke up and realized life is good if I DO WHATS' BEST FOR ME IN MY MIND!

Anonymous said...

Ugh - No stress here. Just lots of fun times with the family. Those under stress bring it on themselves. Enjoy Christmas, enjoy life and do it stress free.