Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 18, 2013

WILL THIS COURT CASE SHATTER OBAMACARE?

The Obama administration may be alarmed over the dismal number of people signing up for Obamacare, the rising health-care costs for Americans, the legal challenges to the religious discrimination embedded in the law and other problems.

But all of that would be of no consequence if a lawsuit in federal court in Washington succeeds. It alleges senators overstepped their authority in creating the Affordable Care Act and the law, therefore, is null and void.

The case argues that since the U.S. Constitution requires that revenue-raising measures originate in the U.S. House and Obamacare was created in the Senate, the law is unconstitutional. The case is headed toward the Supreme Court.

Read more

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't care where it originated, although I agree it is totally unconstitutional, I agree not to participate. There is nothing in American Law that mandates citizens to pay a monthly fee to exist in this country. Everything is elective. I can pay nothing and exist, and it will not take my house away. I will pay my taxes that I owe, and none that I do not, period.

Anonymous said...

The supreme court has already declared it a tax!

We can only hope Justice Roberts was this shrewd!

Anonymous said...

Obama could care less about the constitution, I guess we will see if the Supreme court cares about it. After all the low life Justice Roberts at the last minute joined with the liberals and ruled the law was constitutional since it was a new tax (after Obama said it was not a tax). He had a chance once before to rule it unconstitutional, lets see what he does this time.

Anonymous said...

my understanding is it had to be rewritten as a tax to be ruled constitutional. and whoever rewrote it was not a legislator giving it a double whammy.

for a nation of laws, it seems to be breaking a whole lot of them.

Anonymous said...

It must be nice for SCOTUS to be able to vote on an issue more than once. "let's see, what will I vote this time?"

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I really don't care where it originated, although I agree it is totally unconstitutional, I agree not to participate. There is nothing in American Law that mandates citizens to pay a monthly fee to exist in this country. Everything is elective. I can pay nothing and exist, and it will not take my house away. I will pay my taxes that I owe, and none that I do not, period.

November 18, 2013 at 8:40 PM

If you don't care where it originated then how can you agree it's unconstitutional. Sometimes I think you people are to stupid to vote. Please educate yourself before you speak because you really ruin the cause.

Anonymous said...

"Anonymous said...
It must be nice for SCOTUS to be able to vote on an issue more than once. "let's see, what will I vote this time?"


November 19, 2013 at 6:42 AM"

You are not understanding the way courts work-all courts. They hear and make a determination on the reason/reasons that is/are brought before them at that time. Not sure what the previous reason/reasons were but if someone comes up with another reason why it should be abolished and there is merit to it the courts will hear it.