Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Nurse w/Disabled Child Wants Plan Back After ObamaCare Doubles Her Premium

My plan does not qualify under the Affordable Care Act because it does not include maternity coverage. I am a 41-year-old woman with three children (one with moderate-severe autism and mental retardation). I am not having any more children.

This is ridiculous. However, it gets worse. Optima gave me my options. Now I have a $2,500 deductible with 100 percent coverage after the deductible is met. The family deductible is $5,000. The plan costs $209 per month. This is not a substandard plan.

I have a health savings account where I have saved more than $12,000, so if my family needs health care, I can provide for them.

The new Obamacare plans are worse in every regard. They are not better and I do not save $2,500, as President Obama promised so many times.

Here is the closest plan to mine: $3,250 deductible (worse), $6,500 family deductible (worse), and the premium is an outrageous $674 per month (far worse). Essentially, I will pay $465 a month or $5,580 a year more for insurance. Obama promised the average family (I’m a nurse; we’re average) $2,500, but I will pay $5,580 more?

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Instead of complaining call your Democratic representatives and raise hell. Tell them that you want Obamacare repealed or you will fight to repeal them from office. But with the Democrats this process probably won't work. You see, they knew 85% of the people didn't want Obamacare but they shoved it down our throats anyway.

Anonymous said...

YEAH! I want my Vote Back.

Anonymous said...

Well, 209, you should have read the bill BEFORE it was....

We're not here to fix your f*-up, we're here to repeal it. Are you on board with that?

See November '09 republican health care plan...Google it.

Anonymous said...

209 a month not bad.. I pay abou 300 a moth and my employer pause around 1000 a month. What's the problem here other than complete and utter nonsense