Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

I Will Not Comply

Like most members of the Congress that passed it and, undoubtedly, the president of the United States who signed it, I have not read the entirety of the ill-named Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Yet there is one aspect concerning that legislation of which I am certain: I will not comply.
I will not comply because I am a free citizen of the United States, not a subject of its government. I consider non-compliance with this monstrosity and the tens of thousands of pages of regulations that are to be enforced by an unelected bureaucracy, and that have left a gigantic carbon footprint on our environment and the United States Constitution, a duty.
Non-compliance is my executive order, and that order reads in part that I do not recognize any government's claim on my action or inaction in the marketplace, nor upon any personal information I am unwilling to divulge.
I will not submit to a cabal who read George Orwell's 1984 not as a terrifying warning, but as an instruction manual. Nor will I submit to the dictates of those who attempt to trample the right of free speech of others in the halls of government who are warning us about the looming tyranny. I refer to those sons of liberty who, as Camus wrote, "are not all legitimate or to be admired. Those who applaud it only when it justifies their privileges and shout nothing but censorship when it threatens them are not on our side."

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Philadelphia, a 40 year old non-smoker will pay anywhere from $2856 to $5225 per year in Obamacare taxes for single covergage. OR that same taxpayer can pay the first year penalty of $95 or 1% of adjusted gross income. For someone with a salary of $40,000, that comes to $400. Hmmm…what to do…what to do.
And herein lies the basic flaw in this scheme. WHO in the right minds will opt to pay for anything BUT The penalty?
Boom. The whole system crashes under the enormous cost shifted onto the backs of taxpayers.

Anonymous said...

The law will be a complete failure. It just won't work and is not about health care but about Government control. The Congress and Senate people had better get Obama under control before it's to late. Any law written in this Country can be overturned. It's time our elected officials start listening to the people.

Anonymous said...

Can I refuse to pay my taxes since I don't believe in supporting our wars?

Anonymous said...

11:52 How many laws have actually been overturned?

Anonymous said...

Let's see in 2014 how many democrats run on Obamacare they all voted for.If republicans dont drive this home they will be no more.