Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, June 21, 2013

**Traffic Advisory**

Troopers Investigate Serious Crash Involving Bicyclist, Bethany Beach

Location:
Coastal Highway (SR 1) northbound, south of the Indian River Inlet Bridge, Bethany Beach, DE

Date of Occurrence:
Friday, June 21, 2013 at 5:30 p.m.

Resume
Bethany Beach-Troopers are currently on scene of a serious crash involving a bicyclist struck by a vehicle, Coastal Highway (SR 1) northbound, south of the Indian River Inlet Bridge, Bethany Beach. There is a report of serious injuries.

Troopers are advising that Coastal Highway (SR 1) northbound and southbound are restricted to one lane of travel at this time while the crash is investigated and cleared.

Motorists are advised to avoid the area and plan alternate routes of travel. An updated release will follow as information becomes available.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you take a walk or ride a bike on a highway the law dictates that you must serve yourself up for potential slaughter to inattentive, drunk, or stoned automobile drivers that you will never see coming behind you. I choose to break the law continually. When I walk, if there is no sidewalk, I walk facing traffic. If I ride my bike, I do the same and pull off to the side (grassy part) of the road if something or someone doesn't look safe coming at me. The extremely wide bike and jog path along route 1 from Bethany Beach to Dewey Beach should be the safest around here but riders are continually run over, even there. The law for walkers, joggers and bicycle riders is bass akwards in my opinion. I'll just have to pay the fines for using my God given common sense if I get a ticket.