Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Letter To The Editor 6-13-13

Not sure if you caught the 6pm WBOC newscast, they are copying you yet again with pet connect on Delmarva life.

Publishers Notes: From day one, when I started Salisbury News, it's always been about the animals. I started off with stories about the horrible animal husbandry at the Salisbury Zoo. Many took it as a personal thing between the Director and me personally and that was never true, it was about the animals. 

As far as WBOC finally getting on board and copying what Salisbury News has been accomplishing for almost 9 years now, I'm glad they are finally on board. Anything we can ALL do to help reunite animals with their Owners is a positive thing.

A few months ago I had it out with their General Manager. We may not see eye to eye on many things but in this case I agree with their intention. I had been told by one of their employees that the Staff at WBOC believe I write the majority of comments here on Salisbury News. I simply wanted their General Manager to know that rumor was completely false. In fact, I invited Mr. Jahelka to come visit my Office and I'd be more than happy to show him once and for all each and every comment that has EVER come into Salisbury News.

In fact, there are more than 520,819 comments and that does NOT include the ones we deleted/rejected. Mr. Jahelka refused to come visit me and see for himself because he knew I was telling him the truth. 

Nevertheless, welcome aboard WBOC. I highly doubt they'll capture similar results because they don't get the local traffic we do but it's a great start after 9 years. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched wboc in months but last night I did happen to have it on watching something and noticed the pet connect advertisement. I was wondering how long they had been doing that. I guess now I know that it is something new they have started.

Anonymous said...

You tell the truth? That is a lie right there!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are the bright spot in some haters lives, Joe. smh