Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Judge Tells Outgoing American Airlines CEO He’s Not Getting $20 Million Payout

A couple weeks back, the federal bankruptcy judge overseeing American Airlines’ attempts to get back to profitability approved the carrier’s merger with US Airways but held off on giving approval to a proposed $19.9 million payout to American CEO Tim Horton, who will be out of a job if the merger goes through. Last night, the judge finally got around to ruling on that matter, and it was probably a sad evening in the Horton house.
American’s bankruptcy trustee had originally expressed concern about the sizable payout in mid-March, saying that under bankruptcy law, severance packages can not be handed out “without factual and circumstantial justification,” and questioning whether Horton, who had only been in the CEO gig since Nov. 2011 really merited such a shiny, golden parachute.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a first. So who's getting a kickback?

Anonymous said...

Wow, this paragraph is pleasant, my younger sister is analyzing these kinds of things, so I am going
to convey her.

Anonymous said...

It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd without a doubt donate to this excellent blog!
I guess for now i'll settle for book-marking
and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
I look forward to brand new updates and will share this blog with my Facebook group.
Chat soon!

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting
my own weblog and was curious what all is needed to get setup?
I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
I'm not very internet savvy so I'm not 100% certain. Any tips or
advice would be greatly appreciated. Appreciate it

Anonymous said...

What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable familiarity on the topic of unexpected emotions.

Anonymous said...

Good way of explaining, and fastidious article to get data concerning my presentation subject matter, which i am going to deliver in university.