Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, March 22, 2013

Meteor Sighting: UPDATE

This photo is not from the meteor tonight

Meteor sightings reported from Boston to Richmond, Virginia. There are reports that it landed near the Maryland/Delaware line.

Publishers Notes: I was outside on the phone with a friend when I saw a green light come through the woods at almost a similar angle as the picture above. I asked my friend to be quiet for a second as I thought a plane was crashing. As I listened there was no sound of an engine, just the hissing of whatever it was coming down fast. 

I continued to listen but I didn't hear any branches cracking and I never heard the sound of a crash. Since I was on the phone I didn't want to be rude so I continued my conversation. About 30 minutes later a friend called and said a meteor crashed in Delmar. I said, I SAW IT and it may be on my property or very close to it. 

You can watch WMDT tonight at 11 and see more of the footage of us looking for it with flash lights. We did not locate it but tomorrow is another day. 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

We saw it, it looked like a firework but the angle was wrong so we were not sure what it was

Anonymous said...

Same thing I thought....it looked green.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it will hit jims house...LOL

bkln said...

Joe my wife JUST NOW seen 3 in the sky in Easton.

Anonymous said...

I am hearing numerous hits on the east coast.

Anonymous said...

9:48 Maybe she "saw" or "viewed" 3 in the sky.

bkln said...

Damn what about the election...lol.

Anonymous said...

1940 Shut UP.

Anonymous said...

No advanced warning and the almighty U.S. eye in the sky can't give us any heads up on this stuff? Oh..any why is it that anything having to do with alien stuff is always green? Just sayin.
:)

Anonymous said...

North Korea. Timed dispersal chemical weapons... put on your gas masks. (and tinfoil hats)

Anonymous said...

Thats why the president is out of the country he knew it was coming.

Anonymous said...

yeah how come NO Notice.

Anonymous said...

Sorry folks but it burnt out before it hit the ground.You might as well look for the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.