Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Economy Impacts Local Toys For Tots Drive

The bad economy is having a major impact on the Toys for Tots program in the D.C. area.

Donations are not pouring in this year, which means more kids will be waking up on Christmas morning without anything under the tree.

Staff Sgt. Oscar Villegas is the Toys for Tots coordinator for northern Virginia, which serves Arlington, Caroline, Culpeper, Fairfax, Fauquier, King George, Orange, Prince William, Rappahannock, Spotsylvania and Stafford counties.

More 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very sad and I feel their pain. But my budget (generous in past years) is being stretched thin as I suspect alot of others are.

Thanks for posting this Joe. I'll do my best to give something to them. I hate to see any child go without.

We can all thank NObama for this. If the economy were doing better people would be in a position to give more.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand. With a recovering economy, low unemployment and people spending more than in the past, I can not understand how this could possibly be true. Bad economy? what bad economy?

Bkln said...

Sad, but we have enough money to take care of every other country in this world but our OWN...Wake up America.