Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, November 18, 2012

More Obnoxious: Agreeing to Membership Rules You Have No Intention of Following, Or Having Your Receipt Checked?

At most stores, it’s reasonable for customers to walk in without being aware of that retailer’s particular policies. But when you sign up for a members-only warehouse store like Costco, it’s made pretty clear from the get-go that you’re agreeing to abide by the store’s rules. Isn’t that the trade-off for being able to buy Snickers by the carton?

But in a column for the Orange County register, a California man stands by his belief that he can disregard Costco’s rules simply because he disagrees with them.

“Specifically, I do not appreciate being asked to show my card on entry and then my receipt upon exiting,” he writes. “In fact, I ignore these requests every time. Anyone who has been with me on a Costco run is either entirely amused or very embarrassed by my behavior.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Costco should just cancel his membership. He agreed to the policy in order to sign up. That man is part of what is wrong with the world today. No moral sence of right and wrong.

Anonymous said...

I agree with 10:51, just cancel his card or don't check him out. He is an ass that doesn't believe the rules pertain to him.

Anonymous said...

California man is a great example of ignorance and I am not amused!