Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 24, 2012

Toothless Document


Joe,

I just signed up to be an election judge for the upcoming November elections, and they made me sign a pledge to uphold, among others, the Maryland Constitution. So, I decided I’d better read it.

I have to promise to enforce this without the benefit of seeing anyone’s I.D. card. I must work an entire 15 hour day and “remember faces” as they come and go, and if I see one twice, what proof do I have? If they give a different name, what proof do I have of the name they gave before?

A truly toothless document.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

like everything else labeled Maryland.

Anonymous said...

I volunteered to be an election judge but they said they would put me on a pending list. Is this common practice.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't make a damn bit of difference , they all look a like anyway.

Anonymous said...

So....in MD are you required to show ID or not when you vote?

Anonymous said...

In MD, they don't want you to even bother showing up. The local government is more focused on taking over control from citizens and do not need any ID.