Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Madonna Sued in Russia For Supporting Gays


 Some Russian activists have sued Madonna for millions of dollars, claiming they were offended by her support for gay rights during a recent concert in St. Petersburg.
Anti-gay sentiment is strong in Russia. In St. Petersburg, a law passed in February makes it illegal to promote homosexuality to minors, and the author of that law has pointed to the presence of children as young as 12 at Madonna's concert on Aug. 9.

Russian news agencies quote Alexander Pochuyev, a lawyer representing the nine activists, as saying the suit was filed Friday against Madonna, the organizer of her concert, and the hall where it was held, asking for damages totaling 333 million rubles, or nearly $10.5 million.
More 

3 comments:

Alex said...

Oh, my great motherland never fails to remind me how lucky I am not live there.

Anonymous said...

Alex said...
Oh, my great motherland never fails to remind me how lucky I am not live there.

August 21, 2012 12:25 PM

We all are so lucky you do not live there.

Anonymous said...

WOW sounds like a good law to me...if you think the schools here have not created a new generation of brainwashed mindless, worthless and weak momma boys and souless women your mistaken