Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 12, 2012

QUOTES OF THE DAY 7-12-12

I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

“All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.”
― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

“The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.”
― Ernest Hemingway

“But it does not seem that I can trust anyone,’ said Frodo.
Sam looked at him unhappily. ‘It all depends on what you want,’ put in Merry. ‘You can trust us to stick with you through thick and thin–to the bitter end. And you can trust us to keep any secret of yours–closer than you keep it yourself. But you cannot trust us to let you face trouble alone, and go off without a word. We are your friends, Frodo.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

“We’re paying the highest tribute you can pay a man. We trust him to do right. It’s that simple.”
― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

“Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships.”
― Stephen R. Covey

“Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties.”
― Aesop

“The shifts of fortune test the reliability of friends.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero, De Senectute, De Amicitia

“If you are untrustworthy, people will not trust you.”
― Lao Tzu

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never trust a man who says "trust me"...don't tell anyone that I told you this.

Anonymous said...

Or someone who says, 'I know for a fact...'.