Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, June 23, 2012

On A Personal Note


I want to thank all of you for sticking with us these past few days on the Ireton issue. We enjoyed a record week this week and today has already turned some incredible numbers.

That being said I want to put a thought out there for all of you to think over.

Last week when Mayor Ireton wanted to hold a Press Conference I caught wind of it and called the Mayor's Office. I asked what time and what location. His Office stated only select media was invited. I immediately responded with, a PUBLIC Official is holding a PUBLIC Press Conference in a PUBLIC building and your trying to tell me I'm not invited? The reply was, as of this moment, no. I was told I would get a return phone call after the Mayor came into the Office, that never happened.

Here's what I want YOU to think about long and hard. Allegedly Jim Ireton and Joe Albero are VICTIMS of this alleged act allegedly caused by his friends at the Daily Times. However, Mayor Jim Ireton did in fact invite the Daily Times to this Press Conference.

I had told Jim's Office that IF he did not allow me into the Press Conference I would immediately file a lawsuit against the City, stay tuned.

Nevertheless, how is it that the very group Mayor Jim Ireton claims was the cause of this issue were invited, yet even as an alleged victim I was not? Put aside the fact that I own a competitive Website.

The Mayor is CONTROLLING the Press and FREE SPEECH. Every form of Media should be all over this like there's no tomorrow, but they're not. Love me or hate me, free speech is free speech.

Its time for a new Mayor. I have never denied Jonathan Taylor the right to his free speech. In fact, I have defended his right, (even though so many dislike him) he has that right and he should have every opportunity to disseminate information the way he sees fit. It is up to YOU whether or not you go to his Site, (or any other) to view the content. My only beef with others is that they leave my Wife and Grandson alone. In fact, I heard last night that one of the anti bloggers threatened my Wife and Grandson recently by stating they should be very afraid to be alone in Delmar. Of course Matt Maciarello and Mike Lewis won't follow up on such a threat but they'll try investigating me for bogus charges, go figure.

Anyhow, sorry for that rant. Mayor Ireton needs to send out press releases and invite all forms of media to press conferences. As Mayor of Salisbury I will make sure everyone is invited. And do you know why, because I'll never have anything to HIDE.

Have a great weekend Folks and thanks again for all of your support.

I want to add this note to the end. When Chief Duncan asked me if they could subpoena my phone records I told her no but I would talk to my attorney after she pressed the issue. I had received numerous comments challenging me by stating I refused to cooperate with the Police. Well, let me say this. First of all, I immediately went to the Police and showed them Jim Ireton did in fact call me, they confirmed it right then and there. There was NO reason to turn over my phone records as I did NOT want anyone reviewing who my sources might be. The important phone record would have been Jim Ireton's, not mine.

That being said, the Press should respect the fact that I have NEVER been willing to give permission to allow anyone to view my records, nor should they. There was NO murder or crime, it shouldn't have happened.

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

But controling the media is the way it's always been around here! As a taxpayer, a citizen and a victim, they denied you access to a public press conference. ACLU would love to pry into this and come to their own conclusion. Joe, you've taken out most of the trash, now it's time to burn it!

I'd latch on to this like a Pit Bull on a Poodle and not let up until Jimmy cries "Uncle."

Daddio said...

Finally, the REAL reason why they wanted your phone records are revealed: They wanted to figure out who your sources are!

And they used this ruse to do exactly that!

I smell a lawsuit of mega proportions here. Several, even.

Any public official who has abused their power in illegally obtaining and reviewing such information should do jail time over something like this. Do I understand that the Daily Slimes was given a copy of those records as well?

Anonymous said...

Jimmy wouldn't bode well in jail, then again he might really like it.

Anonymous said...

Anyhow, sorry for that rant. Mayor Ireton needs to send out press releases and invite all forms of media to press conferences. As Mayor of Salisbury I will make sure everyone is invited. And do you know why, because I'll never have anything to HIDE. Have a great weekend Folks and thanks again for all of your support.
at 6/23/2012 07:00:00 AM

You are quite welcome for the support. Even more so since the same crowd, (some different but same positions), is turning ugly AGAIN.

I am surprised you say you would invite DT to any press conference you would have as Mayor.

Didn't you previously state that you would cut them out of any contact with the Mayor's office?

I'm not trying to be difficult or trip you up, just curious.

I sincerely hope you win, and I honestly think you will.

Anonymous said...

This whole entire situation, which amounts to nothing, is an embarassment to the good name of Salisbury.

This case should have been closed and over with.

JoeAlbero said...

anonymous 12:12, that is not what I said. I said that IF the Daily Times lied or twisted subjects I would not allow them access to the Mayors Office or employees. They have every right to Press Conferences and Press Releases but I would not allow them or anyone else who lies or twists topics, interviews. This is exactly why you will continue to see Salisbury News publishing information each and every day after I'm elected soas the public would have the other side.

I/We want to move the City forward. Many have critisized the Blogs for bringing down the City, yet the Press is even more guilty of doing so. This recent event proves just that. The Mayor should have never held a Press Conference on this matter. While he and others critisize the Blogs for bringing the City's reputation down, WHY would he hold such a Press Conference if he was so concerned about the City's reputation? LOOK AT MEEEEE!

So, that being said, those critics out tere should take a very hard look at who is actually causing the problems, reputation wise. Ireton brought three Council Members into that Press Conference, once again taking prime opportunity to bash them. It was completely uncalled for and I reach out to Laura Mitchell who has publicly stated she goes to MML Meetings and other meertings in Annapolis where people laugh at the City of Salisbury. Well, now you know why Mrs. Mitchell, respectfully.

If you really care about the City you'll look at this very seriously and perhaps help change this perception. Working together for the good of the City is what is best. We have a LOT of rebuilding to do. I will work with ALL of the Press. I will invite ALL Bloggers who qualify as MSM. Let me define that. ANYONE who spends full time putting out news and information is MSM to me. That was confirmed by a local and honorable Judge. I will respect that judgement.

I hope I have answered your question.

Anonymous said...

Joe,The ACLU suggestion might be an interesting idea outside your legal reps. Just an idea. This bs was started with the Dream Team and former mayor Tilghman.Ireton was trained by her at their favorite watering hole.The roof is getting ready to fall in.Good luck Joe.

Anonymous said...

That's a fair answer. Thank you Joe.

Anonymous said...

I am very disappointed in Mike and Matt lately. If someone had threatened their wives in such a way I'm sure there would have been an investigation and charges.

I have known Jennifer and Joe for many years. One thing I can tell you is that Jennifer is a better shot than Joe. Sorry Joe, its true. The only people who should be afraid are those making threats.

Anonymous said...

One thing I can tell you is that Jennifer is a better shot than Joe. Sorry Joe, its true

pool table or firearms?

I'm thinking firearms but will let you answer.

Anonymous said...

And the plot thickens!

JoeAlbero said...

Unfortunately it is true. Jennifer is a better shot with a gun. Then again, it's not hard to hit a target with a shotgun.

The ONLY woman that has ever beaten me, (pure luck) in a game of pool was Ewa Mataya Lawrence. LOL

Anonymous said...

Joe you need to start telling us what this is all about.

Anonymous said...

The Mike and Matt show is taking it's final curtain call!

Anonymous said...

Go Joe Go

Anonymous said...

You should have been invited. You will have our votes. The chief should not have invaded your privacy, especially after you told her no. I find it very odd that the chief and mayor did all they could to keep you away from that meeting. Mayor Albero sounds good to us.

Anonymous said...

I hope I have answered your question.

June 23, 2012 12:34 PM

Yes you did. And more. Is it April yet?

lol

Anonymous said...

That's a fair answer. Thank you Joe.

June 23, 2012 12:48 PM

Stop stepping on my toes. lol

Anonymous said...

Joe you are the only true media source we truly have. Thank you for all you!

Anonymous said...

This story only gets more bazarre

Anonymous said...

We had to get rid of Davis because of his past.
Just wait until all of the things come out about people in power.
Dirty little secrets.

Anonymous said...

Who do these people think they are! All the power went to their head. Someone needs to bring them back to reality.

Anonymous said...

Shame on you Jim.


Shame on you!

Anonymous said...

Everywhere I go this all people are talking about. They just can't believe the major cover ups going on in this town.

Anonymous said...

Which judge thought your records should be subpoenaed instead of Ireton's? What was the judge thinking? Do you and your lawyer get to see what was given as the reason?

Anonymous said...

The Mike and Matt show is taking it's final curtain call!

June 23, 2012 1:07 PM

So very true!

Anonymous said...

Lawsuits have been filed over much less than this. It's usually the cover up that gets folks in trouble. It is certainly time for change in Salisbury.

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, get a team of lawyers and sue the hell out of 'em!

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute! The Penn State coach molested kids for years and the town there covered it up for years. Now I'm seeing where Salisbury may have a gay mayor and a local press just as complacement as State College. This is scary to me . How did we get where we are?

Anonymous said...

You are TRUELY the SCUM of the Earth... I hope that those that lost thier jobs SUE you for everything you have you piece of CRAP!!!!

Anonymous said...

Not only do the police have the phone records but that fat blob claims he has them. I don't think that is right. Your phone records should NOT be public information not to mention the phone numbers of everyone that has called you or you have called.

Anonymous said...

The next investigation will be on JT, his records will be very interesting.

Anonymous said...

The truth and what JT claims, are two very different things

Anonymous said...

I can assure you if the fat blob had Joe's phone records he would post a copy of my number.

Anonymous said...

I can assure you if the fat blob had Joe's phone records he would post a copy of my number.

June 24, 2012 4:29 PM

Wish he would. That is a violation of TOS. One more reason to kick him off the site.

lmclain said...

Public Masters. Thats what they think they are and thats how they behave. When did it become "not allowed" for CITIZENS to access, complain to, question, and criticize PUBLIC officials in buildings built with TAXPAYER money? They actually think they OWN us and command us to their will....

Anonymous said...

*you're