Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I Finally Received A Response, But Is It?

I'm sure many of you watched PAC 14 a few weeks ago where I asked what I'm actually getting for the taxes I pay in Salisbury. I clearly stated I get no trash pickup. No parking and the list went on and on. The above is the City's reply to my question yet I'd like to know, since I own a property Downtown on the Plaza, am I a stakeholder, OR NOT?

I have spoken to numerous property owners down here and not one of them spoke with the Mayor in reference to his new/old plan.

This response is a slap in the face to those of us who have made the investment to purchase property Downtown. The Mayor wants to compete with us with new commercial and residential space. Where's the money coming from?

When I hear of these plans coming from the Mayor it makes me sick to my stomach. They want to create a bike route from Salisbury University to Downtown Salisbury, FOR WHAT? Can ANY of you tell me just what the heck is Downtown that the College Students might come here for? Heck, even Norm Conway gave SU millions to build a new Library on Campus, so why would they come Downtown.

You need a Mayor and Staff that can truthfully answer the actual questions citizens are asking. They have ignored my main questions and their response is simply ridiculous. You people either want a new Mayor who will at least attempt to move the City forward or you'll vote for the same old crap you've been getting for too many years.

We'll just have to see what happens come election time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to be clear, this phase of the bike route was planned to be between SU and PMRC. In selling it to the city, the mayor and council suggested it include downtown (PMRC is across the street), which isn’t too fare of a stretch.
Don’t let politics fool anyone, this is a sound idea that will benefit the residents of Salisbury who prefer to pedal about town vice driving.

Anonymous said...

Joe:

her PHD is in slopping at the public trough!

Anonymous said...

How much do they pay her to spread that BS?

Any amount is way too much!

Anonymous said...

VOTE FOR JOE!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I do have to admit that Jim Ireton is truly the same old crap in a new package. Buddied up with Mike Dunn and the SAPOA woman and Louweasel...even the Old Girl BPT supporting him.

Who saw that one coming?

Anonymous said...

She's an Obamanista, like Ireton.