Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Sam's Club Absolutely Must See Your ID For One-Day Pass; Can't Say Why

Claudia is a Costco member, but when Sam's Club advertised a one-day shopping pass in her local paper, she went to see what Sam's had to offer. What the ad didn't mention was that a photo ID would be needed to get the pass from the store's customer service desk. Which is interesting, since you can actually print a pass from the Sam's Club web site, presumably without holding your driver's license up to the screen.

More »

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is the same deal at most big box stores and banks. Whenever I am asked for ID, I give them my passport. It is a federal ID and has no information such as address on it. They don't like it but can not refuse it.

Anonymous said...

Your passport has your address on it....and why would someone not like you using the passport I can bet that the people working where ever it is you may go could care less.

Cathy said...

anon 2:05: you really carry your passport with you all the time?

Cathy said...

my passport doesn't have my address on it. neither does my husbands OR my sons. i tried using it to register my son for kindergarten as "proof of residency" but they wouldn't accept it.