Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, April 09, 2012

What's New, Not Much


In case you hadn't noticed, there really hasn't been a lot of local news these past two weeks. Yeah, there's been some ribbon cuttings and things of that nature but all in all it's been more quiet than normal.

The timing, (for me, anyway) couldn't have been better. I've had a ton of things to do and fortunately that break has allowed me to get everything I wanted done complete.

Now, the one thing you don't want to do is leave someone like Joe Albero with a whole lot of time on my hands because I will find something. After all, that's how Salisbury News got started. The Zoo, the Waste Water Treatment Plant, you name it.

In the mean time, while I start snooping around, if you know of certain events or things going on we may not be aware of, drop me a note. Especially things that make for positive news. Lord knows we could always use more of that.

In the mean time, I hope you enjoyed this recent holiday break.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have come out to Mt. Hermon Plow Days on Saturday, Joe. I've never seen so many people there! Someone said the total count was over 2000. Great time had by all. Kudos to the ones who put it all together.

Anonymous said...

I met someone that told me he worked for Maryland Department of Environment (MDE). Given the opportunity, I brought up the subject of our Salisbury WWTP. He seemed keen and aware of the problems here for someone that is not from around here.

He was from the Western shore. He knew all the sorted details, the failures of the plant design, the lawsuit etc. Why did he tell me that the city of Salisbury, will not let the MDE on the property at the WWTP?

Anonymous said...

Check out the bid accepted by the civic center for the landscape around the new expensive parking lot....it went to the HIGHEST bid not the lowest....their literally burning money as fast as they get their hands on it!

Anonymous said...

That is exactly why we don't need tax hikes 4:57. Idiots wasting the money they have.