Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, February 13, 2012

Hotel Gripes From A Frequent Flyer

Everyone loves to gripe about air travel. But what about hotels?

On a recent trip around the world (New York-Frankfurt-Singapore-Tokyo-LA-New York) I stayed in six different hotels of various quality, and while my flights were perfect (thanks Singapore Airlines and United) the hotel stays were not always.

To their credit, you’re much more likely to get a gripe resolved at a hotel than you would with an airline. Usually a word or two with the front desk and they’ll take money off your bill or even eliminate that night’s room charge, and I’m not shy about marching down to the front desk to get satisfaction, such as when a wake up call didn’t arrive one morning, or a hoard of raucous teenagers kept me up all night by racing past my door. Here’s what I found to carp about:

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geewow, I am so with you, if I could ever afford world travel I would be so into your problems! It's nice of you to let the rest of us know how hard it is to keep track of this crap in case some day we underlings will be able to afford world travel. Thanks. Thanks so much. I'll write all this stuff down in case I need it someday.