Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Jolly Jack Update

I read the story about Jolly Jack in today's SbyNews. Johnny Rae was Jolly Jack (when we were kids in the '50's). He and I worked together at WBOC from 1965-67 and we often talked about "those days." It's possible Carroll Long could have filled in a time or two but Johnny was the main JJ.

As you know my computer skills are horrible and I don't quite understand about leaving a comment. So if you could pass this info along to Joe Albero I'd appreciate it. I see in the comment section that Jack Richards has said Carroll Long was Jolly Jack. He emailed me last year asking who Jolly Jack was and even after I told him it was Johnny Rae he still thinks it was Carroll Long.......

Still enjoy and look forward to your column each Saturday. Very interesting today about your grandfather's coffin!

C.R.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I always thought it was Ralph Pennewell! But what the heck; I was only five or six at the time.