Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Baltimore Sun To Begin Charging Users Of Its Website

Frequent visitors will pay a fee to view more than 15 articles a month

The Baltimore Sun will begin charging frequent users of its website a subscription fee Oct. 10, joining several news organizations that have recently established price tags for online information.

The Sun will allow users 15 free page views a month on baltimoresun.com. But for unlimited access, users will pay either $2.49 a week or $49.99 for six months. Those who already subscribe to The Sun's print edition will receive discounted rates of 75 cents a week or $29.99 a year for unlimited access to the website. The Sun will offer an introductory rate of 99 cents for the first four weeks of online subscriptions.

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we don't care! we got joe to keep us on top of any news.

Anonymous said...

I won't pay.

Anonymous said...

I hope they improve their servers with the fees. I frequent their message boards as well as the site itself and there is a problem at least once a day.

Anonymous said...

I frequent their message boards as well as the site itself and there is a problem at least once a day.

September 25, 2011 3:54 PM

Maybe it's just you.

Anonymous said...

Eventually, all newspapers will have to go this route. A lot of work and money, esp. salaries, go into producing a paper. Some people think that, if it's on-line, it should be free. How would the paper meet its expenses if most of its readers went on-line to access it without charge? I guess that I will continue to pay my $15.13 a month (taken from my checking account) to receive the hard copy of the Daily Times. I like to have it in my hands and not sit at the computer and read it.