Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Obamacare/ Sunday Paper Fodder

I have to vent tonight. I wish I could find a more national venue to vent on this, but if you know of any you could forward this message.

My vent is on the republican / Tea party efforts to defund and otherwise repeal Obamacare. Sure, this is a noble effort, but without recourse. It’s a bunch of republican politicians rabble rousing without offering alternatives or resolution. They are just pompous grandstanders pounding their opposition without offering anything. 

The alternative, of course, is the original Republican version first offered in November of 2008, but was never brought to the table due to Democratic majority. However, instead of offering that “Obamacare” be replaced with the republican ideas, the politicians are electing to just lobby toward repealing, leaving what? A giant void???? We, as a majority of Americans agree that this bill must be repealed and destroyed as soon as possible, but without offering the public a sane alternative, there is no reason to do so. Without an alternative offer, the repeal effort is destined to fail.

Why on earth, when we now have a republican majority in the House, are our lawmakers ignoring their own genius plan that they want so much, and just pounding repeal without offering their own solution?

I think politics is somehow worth more than the value of the economic lives of the American People. I was so ashamed to be a registered Democrat during Nancy Pelosi’s choppy hands browbeating to get Obamacare passed that I changed my registration to Republican, but now I feel ashamed that the Republican Party, with all the support of the TEA Party, elects to drive endless debate into infinity without offering real alternatives.

The Republican version of 2008 was a really good start and worthy of slight modification, but to not even bring the subject up in these times is a sin against all us TEA Party supporters that are working hard towards a positive change.

It brings me to the conclusion that the Republican, and by default, the Democracic parties, who are enjoying their “they’re going to vote for either one of us or the other” club, are together on running things the way they want, and not in a way that reflects those who hired them…. You know, that’s US!

And as much as all of us believe that voting for some other party other than the Big Two during times like this, I just like you, sway towards throwing my vote towards one of those two instead of voting from my heart, knowing that the MSM and ignorance will be herding voters toward R vs D, and we are forced to vote for the least damaging A_hole of the 2 major parties.

I have not tried writing to my Rep, Andy Harris yet on an issue, but I will. I’ve been writing my senators and congressmen for the last couple of years receiving form letters informing me that although they “understand” my views and opinions, that they know what’s best for me and will be voting against my views. I look forward to the same letters from Andy, who I have stood shoulder to shoulder with at a TEA Party rally. It’s really a disnal outlook I hold here, but so far, I have yet to see anyone working  toward a brighter outlook.

Gary Bullard

2 comments:

McGruff said...

Gary-
Hold steady, dude.
These guys are up to their ears in the BS that the dems have jammed through in the dark of night, and they need to clean up that mess first, before things go into effect.
It's not 'Obamacare' or some big void. The original insurance system is still in effect, though it needs attention, which is coming quickly.
The dems have made a terrible mess, and it won't get fixed overnight-- they put lots of booby traps and trip wires in, too.
As long as the tea party conservatives keep a bright light on the process, it should go well. Give it time.

dan said...

Regardless of the message, I think I smell a "robo-letter" here. A missive written by a political operative in the guise of a "common man," set up so that anyone can sign their name and have thier complaint pre-packaged for them.

The wording of it seems a bit "off," and I can't put my finger on why. (The body of the letter and the signature are in different fonts and different color.) Just weird, and I don't know why.

I'm not saying any one party is more to blame than the other for this tyoe of marketing, just that this feels less than genuine.

Now, let the "your just a dumb liberal" comments begin...