Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Daily Times Electricity Article

Joe,

Last Tuesday & Wednesday, The Daily Times ran articles about high electricity costs. I commented on both. stating that people do have a choice as to who they buy their electricity from & that they can lock into a fixed supply rate that would save them money. I also emailed The Daily Times with the same information. Thursday morning, they call me to interview me about my information. Today, the ran an article "Utilities market to Shore households," quoting me ( http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20100807/NEWS01/8070333/Utilities-market-to-Shore-households). I'm grateful that they ran the article but I find it odd that they didn't give my contact information so people wouldn't have to call long distance to Ellicot City (the location of Allied Power Services) to have questions answered.

Certainly, I could be wrong with my thinking. However, I just think that if you're going to print an article that offers options to help the community, then you should also include the information that provides the easiest way to have questions answered. I left 2 comments with the online article giving my contact information, but BOTH were deleted, with the statement that my comments "violated" their policy. I just don't get it.

At any rate, if people would like to contact me concerning the opportunity of saving on their electricity bill. They can do so at the information listed below. I market for Washington Gas & Energy Services. But they are a few other companies that have residential programs such as Constellation Energy, Dominion Power, etc. As I've stated before, people need to know this information, do the research themselves & then make an educated decision. The important thing is to know that you DO have a choice when it comes to your electricity supply.

Best Wishes,George "Wookie" KreinerResidential Electricity ConsultantAllied Power Services
gkreiner@comcast.net 410-430-1401

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People do not have a choice in electric suppliers If Dp&l maintain the lines and I choose another supplier I have to pay the cost of the supplier and the rent of DP&L lines . So either way were screwed !

EF said...

NO you are not screwed. I work for DPL and pay DPL bill. Why dont you find out the truth before you comment? The poster is correct. You can buy your supply from WASHINGTON GAS or a few different coops. I do with Washington GAS. De-regulation has been in operation long enough now to have some savings. your bill is split. Distribution charges and Energy charges. Distribution costs about 30% you pay regardless, but supply is the one thing you can change at 70%. Saves me 3 cents a kwh in summer and even more in winter. Why dont you look into it commenter?