Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Congressional Candidate Andy Harris


Dear Supporter,

With the country still reeling from the attempted car bombing in Times Square, I wanted to write to you today on the important issue of National Security.

As a Navy veteran, I know that we live in a dangerous world- and we must maintain our defenses against our enemies. We must protect our allies and keep their trust by keeping our promises. Peace is kept through strength. I strongly support funding for defense and homeland security programs to ensure that the U.S. has the best-equipped and best-trained military in the world.

If you know me, you know that I am a dedicated advocate for small government. However, government does have a place in our society, and its first and foremost job is the protection of the people of our great country - from enemies both foreign and domestic.

Terrorists are not entitled to the rights of American citizens. The priority of the Department of Justice must be the protection of Americans, not the protection and defense of the rights of terrorists.

As your Congressman, I assure you that I will do all in my power to protect you and your family from the scourge of terrorism. Our current struggle against the forces of Islamic terrorism is truly a war, and should be treated as such - not as a political football. As your Congressman, I will take this responsibility very seriously, keeping America safe in a dangerous and uncertain world must be our top priority.

You can learn more about my position on National Security, as well as several other issues, on my campaign website, www.AndyHarris.com.

Thank you for your time and your support.

Andy Harris

3 comments:

joealbero said...

Chuck, take your comments and put them on your own Blog. You will not use Salisbury News to push your agenda. Not this year Pal.

Mardela said...

Andy MUST win this time! Anyone who doesn't think Kratovil is voting to win an election is crazy. If he would happen to win again, watch out! Those votes are going to change abrubtly to the left!

My good friends of the eastern shore and north eastern Maryland, please unite and do everything we can to help Andy Harris win this election, our future, and our kids, and grandkids future depends on it.

Anonymous said...

One who is running for office can say and be anthing they want. But once in office, one realizes that one has the "system" to work with, it is not easy trying to get your agenda "noticed" much less "passed"
be careful folks, talk is cheap, or in the case of election spending expensive.

In my opinion Frank Kratovil is doing a "fair" job of represting his diverse constituency. He will get better as he gains seniority.
I am more liberal, but I think Frank is the best person for the job.