Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, August 07, 2008

New Meter Rates

"Good morning, Joe!

I was downtown yesterday and as I was dropping my quarters in the meter, I noticed they were only registering 20 minutes a pop! Since when did that change from the usual 30 minutes? And I can’t remember the last time I used a meter that actually registered every quarter I dropped in-I’m guessing I could take a small vacation with all the money I’ve LOST in those things! I actually took the time to go in the Government Office Building one day to let them know a certain meter was not functioning-can you guess if they seemed to care?"

This has been in the news for quite some time. However, I wasn't aware that it already went into affect. Someone has to pay for the Fire Station.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if they are depending on parking meters to pay for the new station it might be paid for by 2090.

do they even collect enough to pay for a designated meter person?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was surprised too! I to was down on Market St on Monday and had the same thing happen. I know my business down there is an hour long and I always am sure to bring two quarters with me - and guess what - I'm not going to change (no pun intended) now for these greedy, back neck, mfer's. If times are that tough that they need an extra f'in $.25, I'll mail it to them with my utility bill.

Btw, way to promote downtown there Barrie! Just keep f'in us and we're sure to come down there!

Anonymous said...

This was discussed and voted on 2-3 (big surprise) at the city council meeting a month ago. This is the problem in this city...no one cares enough to be aware of the goings on until it's too late and they are forced to deal with it. If we had more public awareness(i.e. more people showing up to the meetings and making the "3 bobble-heads" accountable) maybe Queen Barrie wouldn't get away with quite so much. Bury your head in the sand and you have no right to complain.