Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Readers Question on Orioles Baseball

Have the Baltimore Orioles secured a radio station on the shore to carry their games? - Dan

Yes! Here is the official list...

Annapolis - WNAV-AM (1430 AM)Baltimore - WHFS-FM (105.7 FM)Crisfield - WBEY-FM (97.9 FM)Cumberland - WTBO-AM (1450 AM)Frederick - WFMD-AM (930 AM)Frostburg - WFRB-AM (560 AM)Hagerstown - WARK-AM (1490 AM)Ocean City - WKHZ-AM (1590 AM)Pocomoke City - WGOP-AM (540 AM)Pocomoke City - WKHW-FM (106.5 FM)Salisbury - WICO-AM (1320 AM)Westminster - WTTR-AM (1470 AM)

And on a side note, the last Orioles/Yankees game I went to the Boston Red Sox fans were the ones gettting kicked out for heckling the Yankees....Booo Yankees

Thanks to www.baltimoreorioles.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your can pretty much forget about tuning to WICO-AM 1320 for weekday day games as they have rarely in the past preempt their regularly scheduled program for Orioles baseball.

John in the sand box of Maryland's eastern shore.

Anonymous said...

Is Comcast providing coverage for every O's game again this year? Last year was great, I was able to watch the Orioles any night they played.

Nick Loffer said...

I believe so on the coverage. I don't see why they would change it.

Baltimore has a great deal during the season as well. They have all you can eat nights at the stadium. For $30 advance, $35 at the stadium you get a club level seat and all the pop, hot dogs, popcorn, nachos, ice cream, and a whatever else they offer for that day. They're great seats too!

And if you go to a game which is not crowded you definately can move around. I did and got to talk to Jay Payton in the outfield. I ate least $35 in hotdogs alone!

Tim Chaney said...

I was at Memorial Stadium the game that Reggie Jackson came back to Baltimore as a Yankee, when he went free agent. Reggie's first step up to plate was greeted with about a dozen hot dogs thrown from the stands.

By the end of the game, on top of the Yankee's dugout was lined up with Baltimore's finest standing at ready.

I can remember Ken Holtzman looking out of the dugout at the people behind the dugout, I flipped him the bird and he told me to "Eat Shit, " LoL my 15 minutes of fame ; )

Later Paul Blair a former Oriole, stuck his head out of the Yankee dugout to get a big round of applause. I would say that night wasn't a good night to take the kids to the game!

I've gotten away from baseball since the strike in 1994. I had to return a lot of tickets that year and haven't been back to Camden Yards since.

I'd like to see them get that competitive edge back, I might even go to a game if they did.

Glad you've added some sports on here Joe, you might as well just buy a newspaper company, LoL J/K